4 STARS. AFTER ALL THE RANTING I DID, I AM GIVING IT FOUR FUCKING STARS.
* Nick and Adam were swooon. They made me giggle like a high school girl full of refined sugar.
* I loved the suspense and action. They kept me at the edge of my seat. Why is Kemmerer so talented and I'm not?? T.T
* I loved the drama, even though it drove me batshit insane sometimes. I didn't like Quinn, and I still don't like her, but her character development was better than the others. STILL - THE WORLD DOES NOT REVOLVE YOU HONEY AND IT TOOK ME A LONG ASS TIME TO EVEN LIKE YOU FOR A FRACTION.
* I loved how diverse the personalities of the characters were.
* And that ending... it makes me want to read the fifth book... NOW.
What I did not like?
* I wish we were inside the antagonists' heads even longer. I mean all we had was one measly chapter at the beginning. The Guides' showing up near the end felt... anti-climactic.
* Tyler. FUCKING TYLER. BOOK KEPT TRYING TO SHOVE TO MY FACE HOW HE'S ACTUALLY A GOOD GUY, THAT HE'S ONLY MISGUIDED AND ONLY DID WHAT WAS EXPECTED OF HIM. Book, you can kneel and kiss my feet but my opinion of that chickenshit won't change. He's a maniac, someone who willingly tried to kill other people, who beat up people younger than him, all because, what? No, don't tell me, because that's not important. HE HAS NO EXCUSE FOR THE THINGS HE DID AND JUST BECAUSE WE FIND OUT A LITTLE ABOUT HIM NOW DOESN'T MEAN ALL HIS ACTS WERE REDEEMED. Not in my eyes, anyway. If he's going to keep on reappearing in the next books, I will pretend he does not exist.
* And Quinn... man, she emotionally exhausted me.