I’ve been blogging for about a year now, and submitted more than two hundred reviews. Lately however, I’ve rekindled with some of my… other hobbies… and don’t have as much time to read and review. I am therefore looking for two co-bloggers - ONE international and ONE Filipino / Two Filipinos - to join me and spread our love for books! It’s not a bad job, I swear! There are just some rules that are (unfortunately) set in stone just for quality control:
- You MUST submit a minimum of ONE review a week. It doesn’t have to be an ARC.
- You WILL have access to the ARCs I have. What you want to read and review, I will share it with you. However, I WILL NOT request books in your stead. You are instead welcome to use The Social Potato’s site statistics for requesting. I will give you a list of what I have and you can choose from there, and by borrowing my ARCs, you also give me the right to submit YOUR review to the publisher/s, with that review representing the blog.
- You CANNOT use The Social Potato for blog tours. I have decided to keep this blog a REVIEW-ONLY BLOG, with the occasional essay or two on book topics. I am open to guest posts and interviews, but you need to talk about it with me first. I am only willing to consider this if it were a personal request from the publisher/author.
- NO EROTICA OR HARDCORE ADULT MATERIAL. You can read those at your own discretion, but you’re not allowed to post the review here. We have a particular audience and I don’t want to make the material R18. Sarreh D:
- You MUST have a Twitter account.
- You MUST schedule your review, with at least a 24-hour gap before it gets posted on the site, to give me enough time to edit the formatting and to add a header for the slideshow on the front page. If you wrote a review on a Monday, the earliest it can be posted is Tuesday.
- You MUST be able to express yourself and your arguments clearly. I read serious reviews and write serious reviews and I expect you to do the same. If there’s something you didn’t like about a book, say why. If there’s a book that had a huge impact in your life, say how. If there’s a character you abhor, say who and let’s kill him with fire (JOKE!).
- You MUST have a good grasp of the English language.
Sorry, does it sound harsh? XD But yeah, those are the rules that I must enforce if you’re interested in becoming my co-blogger. In exchange, though, you get access to a LOT of ARCs. Even physical books (this will only be available to a Filipino blogger)! I’m very generous so you don’t have to worry about that.
Interested? Just send an e-mail to email@example.com with the following details:
Your own blog (If you have one. Not mandatory)
Your twitter handle
A little bit about yourself
A link to a POSITIVE REVIEW
A link to a NEGATIVE REVIEW
Please only send an e-mail if you are serious. Thank you so much guys and I really hope I can find these two lovely people soon!