Despite being overly predictable, having seen many of the story's elements used in other paranormal smut mangas, I found myself enjoying this as I read it for the second time. The first time I read it, I was using the fan translations, which honestly were very subpar. Maybe it's because I haven't read any mangas for a while, or I'm looking for a light read and this fell under that category (and got lucky since I was in a generous mood); either way, it doesn't change the fact that I was highly entertained.
Unfortunately, regardless of its entertainment value, this volume and story in general (so far) has truckloads of flaws, and joins the huge pile of mangas that are full of tropes that I usually avoid. If you don't like the following, proceed with caution:
* Weak protagonist who is utterly defenceless and vulnerable without the protection of the love interest who happens to be (surprise, surprise!) a jerk, but has a hidden caring and kind side;
* Senseless protagonist who allows the love interest to do whatever he wants with her, as far as permitting him to treat her like an object to be possessed;
* Childhood friends. One suddenly leaves, the other waits. The former comes back as a hot, sexy stud who gives her the cold shoulder sometimes;
* Love interest with a lot
of horny tendencies. Also makes crude jokes and sex references;
* Brainless plot. No complexity whatsoever. Girl throws tantrum on love interest, they fight, bad guy appears, girl gets hurt, love interest saves her with matching cliché dialogue ("Even if you hate me, I will protect you!" bullshit), he licks her wounds, they make up, love interest inserts sexual joke/sexual offer, girl goes doki-doki once more. Rehash this every chapter.
* And oh, despite the protagonist being an overall useless character, all the guys seem to like her. Well, that's convenient, huh?
Actually, looking at it now, I don't know why I'm giving it three stars. With such flaws (and many more... just don't know how to put them into words at the moment), I'd have thrown this manga into the dark abyss, never to hear from it ever again.
I guess these positive factors reeled me in somehow:
* It's a light read.
* Official translation is way better than the fan translation. I guess that influenced my perspective.
And I guess that's it. If you're looking for something to pass the time, or you want to see the official translation, try it. Otherwise, I really don't recommend it, especially for those who don't like mindless plots and annoying characters.