thesocialpotato

The Social Potato Reviews

Reviews, news, and giveaways. Blog is http://thesocialpotato.maryfaye.net

Infinite
Believe
Sarah Aronson
Countdown
Michelle Rowen
Legend - Marie Lu It was okay. I picked it up after it was compared to The Hunger Games, which I absolutely love and adore, and I enjoyed the read. Although I have to say that it was just a bit too predictable for me, although maybe that's to be expected of YA novels?

Anyway, story-wise, it was good. Character-wise, I felt it needed more work. First of all, the main leading girl is too annoying for me. She's invincible, which is to be expected as she was portrayed to be a protagonist, but I felt that she was too easily swayed by her emotions... Not that that's a bad thing - I've seen countless of girls like that, but I guess it's just one of my pet peeves. I don't like it she was all good to the MC one minute and lashing at him after.

Now, the MC being the other.... thing (spoiler), I thought it was long coming. And to be so famous and be the MOST wanted criminal for stealing and doing amateur work? He's given too many credit... He doesn't even kill people! :/

But anyway, even with those complaints, I thought it was still a good book. I can understand why its rights were bought and a movie is on its way. Read if you want something similar to The Hunger Games.