thesocialpotato

The Social Potato Reviews

Reviews, news, and giveaways. Blog is http://thesocialpotato.maryfaye.net

Infinite
Believe
Sarah Aronson
Countdown
Michelle Rowen
These Broken Stars - Amie Kaufman, Meagan Spooner Dudes and dudettes, this is now open for request on NG! GO!

Finally reviewed!

Final Verdict: 4.5 / 5 stars.

Can't post full review yet, but here's the short version:

There're a lot to love in this book, but what captivated me the most was the narration/prose.Oh my goodness, it was gorgeous. Absolutely breathtaking. I loved how it gave me chills and that looming feeling of loneliness and bleakness. I totally felt their distress in being alone in an all new, unknown world.

Also, It's kind of hard to find a Young Adult science fiction book that is rich in detail (the descriptions of the alien surroundings were beautiful. It wasn't hard to imagine them at all) while also abundant in character development and build up. It was so fulfilling to be able to connect with Lilac and Tarver as their thoughts and frustrations were efficiently and stunningly sent across from the pages to the reader.

The characters were also really well-rounded. There were a lot of character development that I couldn't get enough of. At first there was some insta-love (okay, maaaybe insta-attraction) and it made me see some spots of red, but it was after their ship went down in flames did their personalities really take off in flying colours.

One thing that did throw me off was the paranormal aspect of it, or at least it seemed paranormal at first.

Overall, this is a spectacular book. I especially recommend it to readers who don't read Science Fiction but would love to try it out.

FULL REVIEW TO COME CLOSER TO THE RELEASE DATE